Thursday, April 16, 2009

Analyze a Classmate's Post

I like the title of Stefanie's post "Will one size fit all tuition work?" I struggle with titles most of the time. The introduction flows well and keeps the reader's attention.

It is topical to my interests since I have not had a chance to keep up with the higher education bills at the Legislature. I suggest adding links to mentioned articles, I was interested in reading the same article referenced throughout the post, but there was no link.

I liked the use of a graphic, it is always helpful. To make it more reader friendly, I suggest breaking up the paragraphs into smaller ones.

I cannot think of anything lacking from the content provided in the post. A lot of statistics can get tricky but Stefanie did a great job using them. The information was laid out in cohesive order.

I think she should have included more of her own opinion at the end . I was interested in knowing more about what she thought about the issue. Like, which method proposed by the Legislature she preferred or if she had her own idea of what may work better?

When it comes to reforming higher education cost, I personally think the conversation should be about lowering the cost of tuition instead of freezing it, or letting it go up at a slower rate. There should be more state and federal investment for all levels of education.

I found Stefanie's post informative and enjoyed it very much.

No comments: